Want to cover the green football team that plays in New Jersey for SkyscraperSports.com?
We’re currently looking for a New York Jets Staff Writer in free agency and are accepting applications. If you have any interest in journalism, social media or digital marketing, this opportunity will give you the chance to learn essential skills while reporting on your favorite NY sports team.
The role of a New York Jets Staff Writer is to publish weekly articles during the NFL season that comply with Skyscraper Sports’ guidelines and adheres to the format that an Editor establishes. This includes being active on Twitter and interacting with other New York Jets fans.
Duties and Responsibilites
- Write weekly New York Jets articles during NFL season
- Edit and format his/her articles on backend of WordPress content management system
- Interact with other New York Jets fans on Twitter
- Post articles in relevant Facebook groups
- Download free Slack app on smartphone to stay up to date with Skyscraper Sports
- Knowledge of journalism elements
- Familiarity with WordPress publishing platform or willingness to learn
- Ability to navigate Twitter and implement strategies to maximize views
- Experience with Facebook and its “Groups” feature
- Outgoing & teachable personality
- Free sports tickets
- Cover exclusive events
- Interview professional athletes
- Assist with Skyscraper Sports TV
- Free admission to Skyscraper Academy
Get the on-hands experience you’ve been desiring with Skyscraper Sports now! Apply by filling out the form on the right (desktop) or below (mobile) and we’ll email you once we’ve reviewed your application.